The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Ryan Story, VP Rick Treiber, Calvin Colony with guest Amber McCutcheon and Treas. Randy Stannard.
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Jim Beeghly, Tomasz Korwel, Heidi Ranschau, Mike Mango, and Mark Eads
Possible new member: Alex Kalyvanov, who is building an RV-7 and is looking for a home for it as well as a place to finish his private.
The Minutes of the November 20, 2013 Board of Directors meeting were read by Mark Eads. Randy moved with second by Rick that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
- Treasurer’s Report: Randy said the we have some bills to pay but the balance in the account should be able to handle the current needs. All bills are current, but we need to pay for fuel and insurance as normal.
- Airplanes: The general status of the planes was discussed, as well as putting one airplane out of service to save overhead costs for the off season when we really need only two trainers. The consensus was that it should be 5219Q. No motion was made, but we should look to make that decision soon.
- Ground School: CFI and ground school instructor Ryan Story reported that a quiz was given this week and all passed. Great! He expects to sign off three to five people for the FAA written when the course is completed.
- Xmas party: The party, originally planned for 12/7, has been changed to 12/14 when more members can be there. There will be Turkey out of Willie’s fryer, oyster stew, chili, and plenty of other goodies to share.
1. Mike Mango announced that he has an “airplane barn find,” purchased it, and the airport will see a new addition after tons of work has been done. It has been in a barn for 25 years. It is the Stitz Playboy SA3B
Randy moved with second by Rick to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:48 p.m.
THIS WEEK’S MEMBER PROFILE
(Send your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Live in rural West Liberty with my wife and copilot Linda. Currently serving my second 4-year term as Muscatine County Sheriff. Started flying a powered parachute with a Sport Pilot license 2006. Currently hold private pilot with 450 hrs. Own and fly Cherokee 140. Fly regularly to vacation home in Okoboji area of NW Iowa. Enjoy fishing and hunting and the Iowa Great Lakes life! Joined Green Castle in 2007 and started lessons for private.