The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Calvin Colony, Vice-President Rick Treiber, Treasurer Randy Stannard, and Secretary Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Terry Koehn, Mike Mango, Al Schmidt, Jim Beeghly, Brett Lenz, Mark Elbert, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the February 26, 2014 Board of Directors meeting were read by Mark Elbert. Rick moved with second Randy that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy reported that “nothing’s new,” . . . “hardly any money came in,” . . . “only snow plowing went on, not much flying.”
2. Airplanes: The general status of the planes was discussed. Nothing new on the Ercoupe or payment for the Citabria.
1. Mike Mango reported his Luscombe is ready to fly.
2. Mike Mango sent out a mass email asking for donations of any pots and pans members would like to get rid of as he could sure use them here at the club [making the delicious meals he provides on Wednesday nights before the meeting]. He also would like to have a counter, cabinets, and a sink (or wash tub) if anyone has any they’d like to donate. Mike said he received $75 (to be used towards the purchase of any pots and pans) from an anonymous donor. Discussion was held re turning the back room (where the fridge is) into a kitchen. The stove Mike donated can be moved back there, there is already a counter with cabinets, and all we need is a sink to install. Discussion was also held re possibly cutting a doorway through the wall between the hangar and the kitchen.
3. Since Terry Koehn had to leave the meeting early, Don Nelson felt comfortable stating his feelings re how, with all the snow we’ve had to deal with this winter, the Citabria going down, and numerous other issues that have come up since Don’s retirement from the Board and being in charge of running the airport day-to-day, Terry’s just done “one hell of a good job” running the airport.
Rick moved with second by Randy to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned 6:45 p.m.
THIS WEEK’S MEMBER PROFILE
(Send your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org)
JOE KEENEY: Joe’s from Davenport and retired from Iowa Workforce Development Department. He started taking lessons in 1996 but never finished his license so he joined GCAC in Sep 2013 to finish up. Joe’s goal is to get his license and fly to every airport in Iowa. Joe’s son, Tim Keeney, belongs to GCAC too. Along with flying, Joe also enjoy spending time with family & grandkids, fishing, and traveling.