The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Calvin Colony, Bob Dunn, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Terry Koehn, Jim Beeghly, Al Kriegel, Mike Mango, Chris Lenz and Paige, Trey Castillo, Jerry Smithey, Mehrdad Zarifkar and Ava (in arms), and Mark & Sandy Eads
The Minutes of the May 13, 2015 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Bob moved with second by Randy that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy gave a report on our financial status.
2. Airplanes: Randy reported on the status of our airplanes. The Arrow may be back by the end of this week.
3. Reminder: The last Wednesday flying event, May 27, will be to Scott Pearson’s hangar at the Tipton airport; wheels up at 5:00-5:30 PM. There will be good food to eat.
4. Clean-up Day: We had a pretty good turnout; at least a dozen members who worked on projects showed up. A lot got done, but there’s more to be done. Willie sent a message through Don that he appreciated whoever took the trees around his building down and carted them off to the burn pile. Discussion was held re anyone wanting to “tinker” around on clean-up/fix-up projects at the airport should just come on out on Saturdays and work on them. Tabled for now. Discussion re Tim’s idea of setting 9:00 AM on the 2nd Saturday of the month as a monthly clean-up day. If this happens, we’ll let members know.
5. The subject of a high school student membership is tabled until August or so (when the students will be going back to school).
6. On the subject of keeping airplanes clean, Mehrdad, who is in the auto detailing business, offered airplane cleaning and detailing in exchange for credit on his account for flying. The consensus was to let him clean 9179J and discuss details of credit. UPDATE: Mehrdad cleaned and “buffed out” a section and showed us the before-and-after. It’s very noticeable. Tabled until next week.
7. May 24 fly-in/drive-in breakfast: Mango needs help setting up and thanks us all for our support. Jeff Scheer can’t make it this time as he has to work, but Jerry, Trey and Betsy will be helping in the kitchen.
8. THANKS, Jerry Smithey, for power washing the chairs. They look great!
1. New Members this Month: Joe Kennedy (rejoined), Ronald Ziegler (private), Dean Moore (friend of the club), and Kyle Bransky (student pilot). WELCOME ALL!
2. THANK YOU, Austin Snyder, for updating our website. It’s really coming along.
Bob moved with second by Randy to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:08 PM.