The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Randy Stannard, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Rita Orr, Jim Beeghly, Steve Smith, Terry Koehn, Kent Johnson, Shelby Clair, and Mark Eads
Mark Eads’ minutes of the October 17, 2012 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Thanks, Mark. Randy Stannard moved with second by Brett Lenz that the minutes be approved as corrected. Vote taken; Motion carried.
OLD and NEW BUSINESS:
- Treasurer’s Report: Don said we’re “the same as last week.” We’re in pretty good shape going into the winter; better than we were last week. Dan Moen will provide a complete treasury report at our annual stockholders meeting November 4.
- Airplanes: Our Illustrious genius of a president, Timmy, found and fixed the Skyhawk’s electrical problem. Thanks, Mr. President. The windshield for the Ercoupe should have arrived in Bloomfield by now. We haven’t heard anything from Waterloo about 478’s radios yet; however, the plane’s flying, so we’re okay for now.
- Fuel. The question regarding how much fuel we have on hand was brought up. Don said, it would be a lot easier to gauge if pilots would make sure and mark the correct sheet in the office every time they got fuel. Some pilots have been a little lax in making sure the fuel they put in a plane was entered on the right sheet. There are separate sheets for avgas and auto fuel and we need to make sure and fill out the right one.
- Pumpkin Splat! Jim Beeghly will send an email to GCAC members asking for any pilots who are able to come out and fly to do so as there will be plenty of “bombardiers” who’ll need a pilot to take them up. Suggested donation: $20 for 3 pumpkins. Terry will conduct briefs to pilots before they take off; Da Prez will be doing an awful lot of flying; and Jim, Brett, and Randy are just three of the members who’ve volunteered to work at different jobs during the big day.
- Scholarship Student Shelby Clair: Shelby flew to Bloomfield and Mount Pleasant and back last Sunday. She has another x-country, her night flights, and soft/short field landings yet to do. Shelby hasn’t taken her written yet, but she will.
- Karo reminded everyone she won’t be at the next two meetings; Board Member Randy Standard “offered” to take minutes. Thanks, Randy.
Randy Stannard moved with second by Brett Lenz to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned 6:54 p.m.