Posts in category Hangar flying
The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, Chris Lenz (and his fiancé, Paige), and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Bob Dunn, Terry Koehn, Calvin Colony, Brett Lenz, Mike Mango, Merlin Weissheier, Jim Beeghly, Joe DeMaria, Scott Pearson, Dick Minette, and Mark Eads
GUEST PRESENT: Peter Wezeman (learned to fly at Iowa City by E.K. Jones – has single engine land and glider ratings). Welcome, Peter.
The Minutes of the November 2, 2016 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Randy moved with second by Chris that we approve the minutes as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy gave a report on our financial status.
2. Airplanes: Terry reported on the status of our airplanes. Nothing’s changed since last week. The 159’s still in the shop.
3. Indian Hills has the agreement drafted by Terry, is making a few changes, and will send it back for our approval.
1. MANGO PASSED HIS CHECKRIDE – CONGRATULATIONS, MIKE!
2. Calvin said we need a cheap, used furnace for the office. Discussion was held re where it should be installed. Since Rick is the “furnace committee,” he’ll decide what type of furnace we need and where it should be installed.
3. New Member: Pilot Jerry Goldsmith from Tipton; got his BFR from Terry. Welcome, Jerry.
4. CFI Gary Lust has been instructing quite a bit and has been teaching ground school.
Chris moved with second by Rick that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:02 PM.
Join us next Wednesday (October 5, 2016) at the regularly scheduled meeting time (6:30 PM) at Green Castle to hear Gary Lust talk about his flight to Alaska in light of the recent discovery of the second of two British ships from the Franklin expedition, lost in 1845 during an attempt to complete the fabled “Northwest Passage.” This will be a chance to hear the history of heroic exploration brought to life.
Riley Lowe and Trey Castillo proudly display their freshly minted private pilot certificates!
The annual GCAC Christmas party will be on December 12th starting at 6PM. There will be oyster stew and chili. Please bring a dish to share!
The location is the Garage Mahal which is just the next driveway West of the airport on F28.
See you there!