MINUTES OF THE NOVEMBER 7, 2012 BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Bob Dunn, Brett Lenz, Calvin Colony, Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Em Norden, Patrick McCormick, Dave White, Jim McCullough, Jim Beeghly, Helen Farrell, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the October 31, 2012 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Bob Dunn moved with second by Brett Lenz that the minutes be approved as corrected. Vote taken; Motion carried.
- Treasurer’s Report: Don said he “guesses it’s about the same as it has been: we’re in no better shape now than we were last week.”
- Airplanes: A lot of dinky little things are wrong: 478’s back with radios; we need tires on an airplane; the Ercoupe will get its new windshield installed next week.
- At the annual stockholders’ meeting held November 4, 2012, Board members Don, Randy, and Karo were retained; Rick Treiber will replace John Navara. The Club appreciates all that John has contributed (organize the annual poker run, measure spot landing contest, work on the website, etc.) to the club, both while on the Board as well as before becoming a Board member.
- Work Day: Several things were accomplished at the November 3rd work day, one of which is that the runway was completely resealed (thanks go to Andy Carpenter for his expertise and use of his tar machine), clean-up of piles of lumber, new steps were erected to the fuel tank platform, preliminary work done for putting walls in the open hangar, partial big hangar door, etc. Don thanked everyone who had a hand in working that day and said he really appreciates the work several members did.
- Pumpkin Splat!: We took in $811 for the scholarship program. Discussion was held re possibly changing a couple of things, e.g., starting out with the spot landing contest or having the spot landing contest during an “intermission” from the Pumpkin Splat! This way, we’ll always be able to get the spot landing contest in before dusk.
- Ground School: Mark Eads said four students attended this week’s session.
- The open hangar that we’re enclosing is a work in progress. Completion date: Treiber says it’s “in the future.” Evidently, a couple of pilots want to rent it.
- Election of Officers: Rick moved with second by Don that we leave it like it is. President: Tim Scheer, Vice-President: Randy Stannard, Treasurer: Don Nelson, Secretary: Karo Stigler. Vote taken; Motion carried.
Bob Dunn moved with second by Brett Lenz to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:59 PM.