OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Tim Scheer, Bob Dunn, Calvin Colony, John Navara and Tomasz Korwel
MEMBERS PRESENT: Rita Orr, Em Norden, Izabela Korwel, Randy Stannard, Chris Lenz and Doug Weihe
The Minutes of the November 3, 2010 Board of Directors meetings were read by Calvin. Bob Dunn moved with second by Brett Lenz that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
- Don reported that “flying was a slow recently, but we are OK, everything is covered”.
- Shimmy damper on 478 has been fixed.
- Pumpkin Splat summary. The event turned out to be huge success, great crowds and beautiful weather. Chris reported that we had at least 54 pumpkin flights (some of them were not recorded). The results were as follow: first place Bailey and Calvin with 16’2″ result, second place Seamy with Brian with 16’5″ distance, third place Justice with 23′ result. Spot landing contest was won by Terry Koehn who tied with Tim Scheer in first run but won by 2ft in second. Calvin Colony took third place. Over all donations to our Scholarship fund totaled at $751. Great thanks to our pumpkin master Tim Scheer for organizing this event and to Izabela Korwel for taking very nice pictures (you can see them on our website)
- Discussion was held about what we can do next year to make pumpkin splat more organized. Various propositions has been recorded for discution when we get closer to the event.
- Tim Scheer suggested that we repeat Chili and Oyster dinner this year. Tentative date of December 11th was chosen. Members present volunteered Dave White for making chili. More details to follow.
- Don reminded us all that today is the first meeting of the new Board of Directors and that at least president should be elected. Bob Dunn moved that Jim McCullough should continue to hold this position, vote taken, no nay sayers recorded. Congratulations Jim! Jim said “here we go, I’m stuck again”.
- Tomasz Korwel brought the proposition to introduce new way to pay membership dues by automatic monthly cc charges and/or bank account withdrawals – something like monthly health club or gym subscription. The idea was welcomed. We are long way from the point of offering it though. Don said ‘somebody has to do the leg work’. Randy Stannard will talk with Hills Bank about possible automatic bank account charges, Tomasz will follow up on setting up automatic cc payments with our cc services provider.
Bob Dunn moved with second by Brett Lenz that the meeting be adjourned. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:04 PM.