The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:29 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Ryan Story, VP Rick Treiber, Treas. Randy Stannard, and Sec’y. Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Em Norden, Terry Koehn, Chris Lenz, Al Schmidt, Brett Lenz, and Mike Mango
The Minutes of the December 11, 2013 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Bob moved with second by Rick that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy reported that “we have a tiny bit of money; we’re not broke yet.” We can make our credit card bills but are a little behind on the fuel bill. “We’ll eek by.”
2. Airplanes: The general status of the planes was discussed. Because of poor weather, there hasn’t been a whole lot of flying going on this week.
3. Ground School: Ryan said the last class (navigation, VOR, E6B usage) went very well and that next Monday will be a practice exam.
4. Christmas Party: The Christmas party was well attended; everyone had fun, and there was lots of food.
5. Alumni: Rick said we need to start gathering contact information of our alumni and planning a reunion to take place next spring/summer. Rick moved with second by Randy that Ryan put something together on our website for alumni to enter their contact information. Rick said we can also have public announcements made to alert members and former members (or anyone who learned to fly at Green Castle before the club was formed in 1993) of our planned reunion and directing them to sign up and enter their contact information on our website in preparation for the get together.
1. Terry said New member Lary (one “r”) Belman (one “l”) is from Iowa City, retired, and looks forward to flying the Ercoupe.
2. Terry said he’s getting 95 invoices for dues ready to go out in January.
3. NO MEETINGS DECEMBER 25 OR JANUARY 1 HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
4. Discussion was held regarding raising instructor rates. TABLED. Bob moved with second by Rick that the Board take this issue under consideration. Vote take; Motion carried.
5. Terry said the Blazer’s “about had it.” We’re looking into purchasing an F250, F350 or an F150 with 4-wheel drive. Mike Burns said he can install our plow on anything we buy.
Rick moved with second by Bob to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned around 7:15 p.m.
THIS WEEK’S MEMBER PROFILE
(Send your profile to email@example.com)
Tim Keeney, North Liberty, pilot for Southwest Airlines. Earned private license in 1984 as a senior in high school. Licenses/Ratings: Multiengine ATP, CFIAI; 13,200 hours. Type ratings in Boeing 737, Canadair CRJ, Dornier 328, and Beech 1900. Mostly do local FUN flying at Green Castle. Hobbies: Family activities, Flying, Running, Astronomy, Travel, Biking, Camping, Canoeing, Hiking, Fishing