Posts in category Events
The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Calvin Colony, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Bob Dunn Merlin Weissheier (and Gracie), Chris Lenz, Brett Lenz, Mike Mango, Terry Koehn, Larry Clore, Gary and Sharon Lust, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the August 31, 2016 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Rick moved with second by Calvin that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Terry reported on the financial status of the Club. So far, 27 members have donated to the Nelson Fund with John and Deb Ockenfels donating a HUGE amount. Discussion was held re having a special dinner for all those who’ve donated. We need more donations, so don’t be shy . . . send ’em in. THANKS goes to all who’ve donated so far and who will donate in the future!
2. Airplanes: Terry reported on the status of our airplanes. 11157 still down with oil pressure issue; 478 ready to come back from annual; Arrow down for annual
3. The FAMILY AIR ADVENTURE will be SEPTEMBER 18 (SEPTEMBER 25 rain date) from 10:00 until 4:00. The PUMPKIN SPLAT! will be OCTOBER 23 (OCTOBER 30 rain date). Chris: air boss; Karo: airplane ride tickets, etc.; pilots: CFIs Terry, Brian, and Ryan; others assigned next week. Safety meeting to be conducted by Terry immediately prior to the event. Hangar cleaning on the 17th at 9:00-10:00.
1. New Members: John Scott and Robert Drew. WELCOME John and Robert!
2. Gary Lust reported on the Blakesburg antique aircraft fly-in. Gary said it was sunshine six days in a row, 400 antique airplanes with two tiger months in attendance (one of which was his). He said there was a “nice bunch of airplanes” there. Gary also reported on his trip from Alaska to the “magnetic” North Pole in a 1956 V-tail Beechcraft Bonanza with a friend of his that totaled 24 hours of flying time (3 days to get there and two days to get back). Gary has some video he’ll be sharing soon at one of our weekly meetings.
3. Mango said he’ll start cooking again “in the near future” but first needs to get a gas stove and a fridge at his place of employment so he can do prep work there and then bring it out to the meeting and finish preparing the meal.
4. Bob Dunn sold another wood carving and, as usual, donated the proceeds to the scholarship fund. Over the years, Bob has sold many, many of his creations and has donated all of the proceeds, which amounts to hundreds of dollars, to the Club. THANKS Bob!
Rick moved with second by Calvin that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:05 PM.
The Meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 p.m.
Board Members Present: Bob Dunn, Ryan Story (& Maria “Doc”), Calvin Colony, Randy Stannard, Rick Treiber, and Karo Stigler
Members Present: Don Nelson, Mike Mango, Chris Lenz, Brett Lenz, Terry Koehn, and Mark Eads
Karo read the Minutes of the November 4, 2015 Board of Directors Meeting. Bob moved with second by Rick that the Minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report: Randy reported on the status of our treasury. It’s good.
Airplanes: Terry reported on the status of our airplanes. All are okay (except the Chief is still down).
Old and New Business:
1. A young bombardier named Sidonia (and her dad, Matt) turned in the winning 1st place (8′) and 3rd place (19’6″) tickets for the 2015 Pumpkin Splat! and received $100 ($75 for 1st place and $25 for 3rd place). CONGRATULATIONS Sidonia!
2. Ground School: According to Mark, it’s going fine (good turnout).
3. Christmas Party: DECEMBER 12 (Calvin’s birthday and the day after Don’s birthday).
4. Dean Teslik called Tim and said he has a buddy who has a powered glider project that is for sale. The project is close to being finished. If interested, contact Tim.
5. Tim bought decals for the fuel tank (flammable, no smoking, gasoline).
Bob moved with second by Rick to adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Adjourned at 6:53 p.m.