The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Vice-President Rick Treiber, Treasurer Randy Stannard, CFI and ground school instructor Ryan Story, Calvin Colony (and Amber McCutcheon), and Secretary Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Chief Flight Instructor Terry Koehn Mike Mango, Brett Lenz, Mark Elbert, Jim Beeghly, Al Schmidt, Tomasz & Izabela Korwel, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the April 2, 2014 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Rick moved with second by Bob that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy reported that “we’re nearly in the same place as we were last week; new bills have come in; we’re kind of holding our own.”
2. Airplanes: The general status of the planes was discussed. We’re waiting for parts for the Ercoupe to come in before we can finish getting it ready to fly.
3. Ground School: Ryan said all is going well; same as last time; not much has changed; this class is a good one.
4. Activities: Don’t forget to put APRIL 26 on your calendars as the spring improvement and clean-up day. We’re still on track for the MAY 4 flour drop and Spot landing contests. Jim Beeghly will make flyers to promote it. Rick Treiber and three or four other members will be on Kirkwood’s KCJJ (1630) radio station on MAY 1 at 12:30. Tammy’s (Rita’s granddaughter) wedding is MAY 10 at 1:00 p.m. by the pond here at Green Castle. Tammy said it would be nice if we can have a plane and pilot available to give rides to guests if anybody wants one. Don said he’ll pay for the plane if another pilot will take guests up. Timmy’s T-craft birthday party is JUNE 7.
5. Kitchen Renovation: Mike Mango and others have been working real hard cleaning out the room behind the meeting room and getting it ready for cutting a doorway between the room and the hangar, installing more cabinets, a sink, dishwasher, stove, etc., and preparing flooring. Lots of members have donated their time, equipment, supplies, and furnishings. Mike’s plan is to complete the project by May 1.
6. New Tables: Rick got a good deal and bought 30, 36″ x 36″ tables for us to use for activities and festivities. Rick doesn’t want reimbursed in cash; he’ll take credit on his account to settle up.
7. Citabria: Two bidders have come out to look at the Citabria; bidding closes April 17.
8. Cover Over Fuel Tanks: Calvin said the tubing he was looking at to use as support for a cover over the fuel tanks is bent and unuseable.
NEW BUSINESS: None
Rick moved with second by Randy that the meeting be adjourned. Vote taken; Motion carried.
Adjourned at 7:03 p.m.