The meeting was called to order by President Jim McCullough at 4:05 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Tim Scheer, Bob Dunn, Calvin Colony, John Navara and Tomasz Korwel
This was board only meeting, no other members were present. Terry Koehn, our club’s CFI was present at the part of the meeting.
- The main purpose of this meeting was to discuss current club’s financial situation with newly elected Board of Directors as well as to work on plans to make the club a sustainable operation in the future. It was agreed that despite all the love we put in running the club we need to pay more attention to costs, especially in their relation to each airplanes. Right now we can’t tell where our costs come from.
- The discussion was held about solving situation with loans the club has on the airplanes. We as a club should be looking at all possible ways to start building equity in the airplanes to have more freedom in day to day operations. One of our biggest costs is insurance which at this moment is mostly to protect investors. Don said that with equity in the airplanes we could save at least 2/3rd on our insurance premium considering club’s safety records.
- The discussion was held about club’s future in case Don is no longer with us. We all like to Don to outlive us all but the club has to be prepared for all possible situations.
- We discussed our newly instantiated method of paying membership dues by a method of automatic monthly credit card charge. It was agreed that we should promote this way as preferable for the club. We will still keep the ‘one invoice every six months’ method but from now on we prefer and encourage our members to sign up for the monthly charge.
- Following monthly dues topic the board discussed increase in rates. Calvin moved with second by Bob that we should raise them. Vote taken, motion carried. Beginning January 1st. the monthly membership dues will be raised to $20 (or $120 every six months for those who elect to stay in with old method of paying).
- Terry Koehn brought up the proposal about raising CFI’s fees for ground school and flight training. After comparing rates to other flight schools in the area, Tim moved with second by John that we should raise fees for flight instruction to $35 per hour ($30 will go to the instructor and $5 to the club. Ground instruction will be $30/h paid to the instructor. Vote taken, motion carried. The raise will go into effect beginning January 1st 2011 so all members that are close to finish their training have time to do so without being hit with new rates.
Bob Dunn moved with second by Tim Scheer that the meeting be adjourned. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 5:54 PM.