The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Bob Dunn, Brett Lenz, Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Mike Mango, Al Schmidt, Steve Smith, and Mark Eads
GUEST: Possible new member, Gene Baker is a private pilot, an IA and A&P, and works as an engineer at Rockwell.
The Minutes of the December 5, 2012 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Bob Dunn moved with second by Brett Lenz and third by Rick Treiber that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Don said he paid off all the little bills, will wait a little longer on the larger ones, and we still have a little money left over.
2. Airplanes: 19Q will be finished tomorrow (had to order a wiring harness for it); the Arrow got back (cost was about $400).
3. Al Schmitt did his night cross-country after the meeting last week, and said it went real well. He liked all the lights around Davenport/Bettendorf.
4. The ground school committee didn’t meet; however, Rick sent some suggested changes in policies to his committee members for their perusal and discussion. We’ll talk more about Rick’s suggested policy changes at next week’s meeting.
5. Ground School. Mark held the last special class of this session on Monday of this week. Next Monday, he’ll give a practice test. Mark said when he asked the current students how they thought improvements in the class could be made, they responded that more quizzes may be helpful. Discussion was held re other ways to improve the class, ideas for getting the word out about ground school, and incentives for keeping students interested in studying and goals that should be set.
6. Andy Carpenter told Randy that he’s going to fire up his smoker and cook a 20-pound brisket for the holiday party Saturday.
1. Discussion was held re raising rates of aircraft rental. All other rental locations in the area charge considerably more than we do, and the expenses of the Club just can’t be met at our current rates. Randy moved with second by Rick that, effective January 1, 2013, we raise the rental on our planes by 10% and round it up to the next $5 increment. Vote taken; Motion Carried. Rick mentioned maybe we should look at other ways to make money (e.g., advertising on our website, etc.).
2. Discussion was held re not having Board meetings the day after Christmas and New Years. Bob moved with second by Rick that we not have meetings December 26, 2012 or January 2, 2013. Vote Taken; Motion Carried.
Bob moved with second by Brett to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:01 PM.