The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Calvin Colony [& Amber McCutcheon], Ryan Story, VP Rick Treiber, Treas. Randy Stannard, and Sec’y. Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Mike Mango, Terry Koehn, Jim McCullough, Dave White, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the November 13, 2013 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Bob moved with second by Rick that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: The bill on the 180 ($4300) arrived and has been paid. Treasury still is okay.
2. Airplanes: The general status of the planes was discussed. Ryan said the 180 flies nicely; all airplanes are up and flying
3. Ground School: Ryan said the class is going well; risk management was the topic this week, which promoted a lively discussion.
4. Green Castle Scholarship Foundation: nothing new re the application process
1. Mike Mango brought up the idea that we should have a little more info on the club posted in the office, e.g., profiles of instructors, prices for planes, etc. Dave White stopped short of volunteering his wife to create a brochure; he’ll ask her if she’ll do it before volunteering her.
2. Mike Croy from Solon worked on the hangar doors; they’re working just fine now.
Bob moved with second by Rick to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned around 6:49 p.m.
THIS WEEK’S MEMBER PROFILE
(Send your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org)
ALAN RUBACH, Coralville, dental student. Private pilot; fly for vacation and fun. Like to hunt, bike, and spend time with my wife.