The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:29 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Ryan & Maria Story, VP Rick Treiber, Treas. Randy Stannard, and Sec’y. Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don (& Rosemary Cantrell) Nelson, Brett Lenz, Mark Elbert, Jim Beeghly, Mike Mango, Terry Koehn, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the December 4, 2013 Board of Directors meeting were read by Mark Elbert. Rick moved with second by Randy that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
SUPER OLD BUSINESS:
Today is Don’s birthday and we tried to stay in tune long enough to sing happy birthday to him. It was really nice that Rosemary got to spend a few days with her dad, especially on his 86TH BIRTHDAY!
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy reported that we’re “down to having enough [money] to get by.” He said we’re behind a little bit on the fuel bill, will make payments on our credit card in a couple of weeks, and we owe Don immediately for airport rent. Randy continued to say that “we’re not in trouble; just a little tight.”
2. Airplanes: The general status of the planes was discussed. Ryan said the 180 flies nicely; all airplanes are up and flying. 19Q has been taken off our insurance (which means we’ve saved better than $1,000 on that).
3. Ground School: Ryan said class was not held this week as he “missed the bus” while returning from Atlanta. Class will continue on Monday the 16th with navigation being the topic. Ryan put up a bunch of money on plotters and E6Bs, but said he’ll wait for reimbursement.
4. Christmas Party: Everything’s set for 5:00 PM this Saturday (Dec 14). Bring a dish to share; turkey cooked in Willie’s turkey fryer, chili, and oyster stew will be provided.
5. Credit Card Payments: Randy said since we set up payment by credit cards a few years ago, there have been many members’ cards that have expired dates. Discussion was held re terminating automatic payment of dues by credit card and accepting only cash/check. Treasurer Randy Stannard and the Board decided (without motion) to discontinue accepting automatic credit card payments for dues. Credit cards may still be used for flights/airplane rental.
6. Runway Plowing: Terry said Al Schmidt’s “maiden voyage” on the plow went real, real well and that he did a great job. Terry’s got a list of volunteers so, rest assured, your name will come up in the future and you’ll get to have the same fun that Don’s had for years and years, Terry’s had for years, and that Al did the other day.
1. Rick Treiber brought up an idea of having, when it gets a lot warmer . . . maybe in the spring or early summer . . . a Green Castle alumni gathering. Everyone thought it would be fun; we’ll work on it.
2. Mike Mango said (and everyone agreed) that Terry’s done an awful lot here at Green Castle on a day-to-day basis with keeping up with office maintenance, aircraft maintenance, finances and, in general, just keeping the airport going. THANK YOU, TERRY! Terry mentioned that Mike Burns has a lot to do with keeping all our planes up and flying, the ADs current, the plane logs up-to-date, and keeping our planes clean. As Terry put it, “Mike’s a real gem.” Everyone sure agreed with that! THANK YOU, MIKE!
Rick moved with second by Randy to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned around 7:01 p.m.
THIS WEEK’S MEMBER PROFILE
(Send your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org)
DAVID JASPER, Cedar Rapids. NetJets pilot out of Columbus OH flying Citation Excel and XLS aircraft.
ATP, CFI, CFII, MEI, 8000+ hrs.
Type ratings: CE500, CE650, CE560XL, HS125, BAE125, G-V.
BS degree in Aviation Flight Operations, University of Dubuque.
Previous experience includes CFI for Tibben Flight Lines, CFI for P&N in Marion, CFI and Part 135 charter pilot for Iowa City Flying Service, Iowa City, Corporate Pilot for Alliant Energy in Cedar Rapids and McLeod in Cedar Rapids
Family includes daughter, Ellen (16) and son Daniel (deceased: December 1994-August 2011).
I fly Greencastle airplanes mainly to go turkey hunting in the spring and fall to northern Nebraska.
Interests include turkey hunting, home beer brewing and spending time on the Mississippi River at Guttenberg boating, jet skiing, and fishing.
I also have a class A CDL with tank endorsement if anyone needs a part time or casual driver on the weeks that I’m not on the road with NetJets.