MINUTES OF THE OCTOBER 4, 2017 BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Jerry Smithey, Rick Treiber, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Bob Dunn, Brett Lenz, Joe DeMaria, Larry Clore, Merlin Weissheier, Mike Mango, Jim Beeghly, Erika Smith, and Mark Eads.
The Minutes of the September 27, 2017 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Jerry moved with second by Rick that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Tim reported on our financial status. We have money in the bank. An insurance installment of $6,000 is due November 1; total for year is a little over $20,000..
2. Tim reported on the status of our airplanes. The new 172 isn’t back yet from major. The Ercoupe’s broken window has been repaired. New 172 needs new cylinder; difference between repaired and new is $200 per cylinder. Karo moved with second by Jerry that we get new cylinders rather than repair. Vote taken; Motion carried.
3. A member will sell us a bunch of radios out of a Bonanza for $1,000 credit to his account. It’s a complete set-up. Tim will take them to McCandless and have them checked out.
4. Ground school: Mark said it’s going “really pretty good,” especially since Joe DeMaria is there to help out. Mark said things are going very smoothly, thanks to Joe. There are some very good students.
5. Foundation: Rick Treiber said they’ve had one more meeting; things will “ramp up” real soon.
6. Tim’s Newport Engine is running; sounds great.
7. Thanks goes to Rick and Karo who’ve been installing the donated furnace.
1. Gary Lust fell while pulling a plane out. Others are having difficulty pulling planes out and putting them away, especially when the grass is wet, making footing slippery. We’ll look into purchasing an electric tow bar.
2. Discussion was held re whether we want to ask Erika to put something out on social media regarding our events for next year so we can get a jump on advertising; planning meeting will be held to decide which events we’ll have next year and when.
3. Mike Mango said Bob Dunn, who provided a nice meal for tonight, is out $20. In the future, the money collected will go to the Club, and the Club will reimburse the person who provides the food. We all appreciate the efforts members go to provide a nice dinner; they’re not expected to lose money on their generosity.
4. Discussion was held re missing phone calls, etc. Karo will check with Southslope to see if they have a service whereby we can either answer the phone remotely or retrieve voicemails remotely and, if so, how much it would cost.
5. Annual Stockholders’ meeting Sunday, 15 October 2017 at 1:00 p.m. Anyone wishing to run for the Board of Directors should let a current Board member know or just show up at the meeting and announce you’d like to run for the office. Current Board members whose terms expire this year are: Tim Scheer, Ryan Story, and Chris Lenz.
Rick moved with second from Jerry to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Adjourned at 7:06 p.m.