The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, Jerry Smithey, Bob Dunn, Nate Smith (& Erika), and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Joe DeMaria, Michael Dong, Jim Beeghly, Tomasz Korwel, Chris Lenz, Larry Clore, Andy Orszula, and Mark Eads.
The Minutes of the October 11, 2017 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Chris moved with second by Rick that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy reported on our financial status.
2. Tim reported on the status of our airplanes. All are flying except the ones we know that aren’t flying. The cases for the new 172 are on their way to Bloomfield and will be installed as soon as they get them. We’re thinking the plane may be back in a couple of weeks. We’re pulling 478 off of the scheduler as it’s out of annual.
3. Snowplow trucks. Tim and Mike Burns are tinkering with them to get them ready for winter.
4. The new furnace installation is coming right along.
5. Joe said ground school is going real well; all good students who pay attention and interact.
6. Don, Tim, and Jerry will be mowing again this weekend. If anyone wants to help, come on out.
7. Discussion was held re a CFI who’s a member of Green Castle but instructs at Marion. The CFI has a student at Marion who wants instruction in our Chief.
1. Our annual stockholders’ meeting was held Sunday the 15th at which two Board members were replaced. Tim was retained on the Board but Chris Lenz and Ryan Story withdrew, allowing two new members to be seated. Thanks goes to Chris and Ryan for all the years they were on the Board and for all the work and leadership they provided. The current Board members are Tim Scheer, Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, Jerry Smithey, Bob Dunn, Nate Smith, and Karo Stigler. Rick moved with second by Karo that the Board members who currently hold officers retain that status. No other Board member indicating he wished to run for office, all those currently holding an office retain their current positions. Vote taken; Motion carried unanimously. Welcome to the Board Bob and Nate.
2. Erika explained an idea she has for an event calendar that could be posted on both our website as well as Facebook. After discussion, we concluded Erika should decide what should go on the calendar and how to put it on. Erika has full control. Good luck with that, Erika.
3. Discussion was held re possibly changing and updating our website; Andy said he could put together a demo page and run it by us. Jim Beeghly said he’ll be the point-of-contact, so if anyone has any suggestions, etc., just send Jim an email.
4. Nate is debating whether to buy a 310 that’s hangared in California. If he gets it, he’ll need a hangar.
Rick moved with second from Jerry to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Adjourned at 7:19 p.m.