The meeting was called to order by President Jim McCullough at 6:30 PM.
Other Board Members Present: Don Nelson, Bob Dunn, Terry Koehn, Brett Lenz, Tim Scheer, and Karo Stigler
Members Present: Rita Orr, Chris Lenz, Jim Beeghly, Tomasz and Isabela Korwel, Randy Stannard, John Navara, Dave White, and Rick Treiber
The Minutes of the December 2, 2009 (no meeting 12/9/2009 due to inclement weather) Board of Directors (“BOD”) meeting were read by Karo. Bob moved with second by Brett that the Minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
OLD AND NEW BUSINESS:
1. The chili/oyster feed went over pretty well. Everyone said Dave’s chili and Tim’s oyster stew were delicious, and the scholarship fund was boosted by $257.
2. Don/Terry said we’re not having any aircraft problems, and that the Citabria’s still at Duke’s because the weather’s been “too crummy to bring it back right now.”
3. Following our standard practice, we will NOT have meetings December 24 (Christmas Eve) or December 31, (New Year’s Eve). We look forward to a good meeting January 6, 2010.
4. Brian Beninga is our newest member and student pilot.
5. Don said the treasury “is similar to what it was last week, but take the ‘up’ out . . . due to weather.” Last week’s treasury report: “ . . . is ‘sick’; a little like the stock market in that ‘it’s up one day and down the next.’”
6. Don remarked that “the club, as a whole, needs more comradery. Tim’s been doing a lot to bring us back” with his excellent ideas (e.g., pumpkin SPLAT!, oyster stew, chili supper, etc.), but we need more activities that we can do that would bring us together and be fun.
Bob moved with second by Brett to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:45 PM.