The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: VP Rick Treiber, Bob Dunn and Treas./acting Secretary Randy Stannard.
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Em Norden, Mark Eads, Terry Koehn, and Mike Mango
The Minutes of the March 5, 2014 Board of Directors meeting were read by Mark Eads. Bob Dunn moved with second by Rick that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
- Treasurer’s Report: Randy reports we are about the same, very little money has come in lately. We did receive the settlement check for the Citabria. The proceeds will be used to catch up all bills and pay off charge cards to clear them for use for parts for the Arrow overhaul which will use much of the remainder of the Citabria money. It will go when the Ercoupe returns.
- Airplanes: The general status of the planes was discussed. The engine for the Ercoupe has been removed, torn down and the various components sent out for inspection or rebuild. We have learned that the engine case will pass but it was determined the best choice would be to order all brand new cylinders. We will also put new mags and harnesses on. The prop has been rebuilt. The crank is still being evaluated. It should be coming together soon, hopefully in time to use as weather improves.
- Insurance for new truck. We are still shopping for insurance on the truck for the airport. Problem is everyone who would drive it needs to be reported to the insurance company and they will not accept the number of people we have, so over the road usage will be limited to certain members listed in the policy.
- Quickbooks: Our current version will not support credit card transactions after May 1, so will need to be upgraded by then.
- Dates for events: Discussion was held to determine dates for activities for the summer. We pretty much settled on May 4 for the Flour Drop, June 7 for the Taylorcraft 75th Birthday party (Tim’s airplane) and the Annual Kids Fun Day/Reunion Party in September.
Bob moved with second by Randy to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:01 PM.
THIS WEEK’S MEMBER PROFILE
(Send your profile to email@example.com)
LARRY FETTKETHER: From Williams, 33 years at Kinze Manufacturing. Started flying lessons with Terry in July 2010; got my certificate on 12-9-2010. Flew an ultralight back in the 1980s. Got into radio-controlled airplanes in the 90s. Would love to go on an IFR flight sometime and see what that is all about. I have a granddaughter and twin grandsons; can’t wait till they get old enough to take them up for a ride.