The meeting was called to order by Vice-President Rick Treiber at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Bob Dunn, and Andy Orszula
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Dave White, Gary Beckman, Patrick McCormick, Larry Clore, Mike Mango, Merlin Weissheier, Chris Lenz, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the August 22, 2018 Board of Directors meeting were read by Chris Lenz. Bob moved with second by Andy that the Minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status. We’re in OK shape. All bills are paid and we have a positive balance in the account. Same as last week.
2. It seems all airplanes are up and flying. N84455's radio is out for repair, but could fly if pilot is aware of it and has a handheld backup.
3. We’re getting some calls on the 150.
4. Review of September 9 Family Air Adventure plans. Mike showed us the new flyers designed and printed by Andy. He also reviewed all of the jobs. We can always use additional volunteers. We are providing airplane rides and are asking for a donation per person. However, we would encourage donations from members or others for those who need financial assistance to afford a ride.
1. Rick ordered new t-shirts that we’re hoping will be available by the September 9 Family Air Adventure.
2. Gary Lust said the Arrow needs the windshield replaced. Randy moved with second by Bob that we order replacement parts and get it fixed. Vote taken; Motion carried.
Rick moved with second by Bob that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:55 PM.
The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Bob Dunn, and Andy Orszula.
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Jim Beeghly, Gary Beckman, Patrick McCormick, Larry Clore, Jeff White, Mike Mango and prospective member/guest Collin Olander.
The Minutes of the Board of Directors meeting from August 15, 2018 were read by Randy. Rick moved with second by Bob that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status. Similar as last reported. We are in OK shape. All bills are paid and we have a positive balance in the account.
2. Tim reported that all airplanes are up and flying. 7717U has a minor fuel issue, but will be worked on tomorrow
3. Tim put the 150 back on Barnstormers and already has some interested callers.
4. Karo's jump was postponed due to jump plane malfunction last weekend, but the jump school offered to do it again without charge.
5. We still need the runway lights worked on. Brett says he will get to it as soon as he can.
6. The Marion airport has a poker run for October 6 and Green Castle will be one of the stops. We encourage participation.
1. It is important for everyone to know that all pilots must have the plastic license to be legal. Everyone please check to be sure it is in your possession when flying.
2. Rick researched a plan for the Pumpkin drop. We can buy insurance to be able to offer a $10,000 prize for putting the pumpkin in the barrel.
3. Mike updated us on the Family Air Adventure plans and helper list.
4. Rick is asking for volunteers who could put in as little as an hour to volunteer for simple repair tasks around the airport.
Rick moved with second by Bob that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:19 PM.