The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Tim Scheer, Chris Lenz, Andy Orszula, Jim Beeghly, Jim Beeghly, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Brett Lenz, Mike Mango, Bob Kline, Jamie Kline, Dave White, Dean Beranek, Jonathan Lartigue, and Mark Eads
The minutes of the November 20, 2019 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Randy moved with second by Chris that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: BRENT LEFT ... OH CRAP! Brent Hilzendager has been one of our biggest supporters of all time and he’s now done with training at this step in his aviation career. Brent, his wife, and daughter were here this evening to tell us all good bye as well as to thank us for being his friends and for providing him with the opportunity to get his private, instrument, and commercial ratings. He’s on his way now to get his ATP and to be a commercial airline pilot. As a way of thanking us, Brent presented Pres. Rick Treiber and the Club with a beautifully matted and framed picture of a Spitfire. It will be proudly displayed in the Terry Koehn Conference room, where Brent has spent many, many hours with his CFI over the last year. We have enjoyed having Brent be a part of Green Castle’s family and hate to see him go, but we understand he can’t play forever. Brent’s recently retired from the Army and needs to make a living now for his nice family. GOOD LUCK, BRENT and thank you for your friendship, dedication, loyalty, and the beautiful picture.
2. Airplanes: According to Rick, the Ercoupe and Chief have been grounded until March’ 17U is going to Duke’s the end of this month for annual; we’ll order an ADS-B unit for the Ercoupe and have it installed this winter while it’s grounded.
3. Holiday party: Karo will send out an information email about this year’s party.
4. Ground School: Three of seven students passed the practice written test.
5. The Board will meet immediately following tonight’s meeting to discuss whether to ask A&P Keith Roof to help us with maintenance on our airplanes.
1. Fernando Weber bought a Cherokee 180 and hangars it here. COOL!
2. NOTICE: There will NOT be a meeting Christmas Day (December 25, 2019) or New Years Day (January 1, 2020).
Randy moved with second by Chris that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:46 p.m.