Dear Members: Due to inclement last week, our regularly scheduled weekly meeting was cancelled. Yesterday, the Board "met" via email and a quorum has approved the following Minutes of the April 4, 2018 Board meeting for publication:
MINUTES OF THE APRIL 11, 2018 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, Bob Dunn, Jerry Smithey, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Erika Smith, Larry Clore, Mike Mango, Mark and Sarah Long, Al Kriegel, Mark Pettinger, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the Board of Directors meeting from April 4, 2018 were read by Karo. Rick moved with second by Randy that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status. We received the check for 66478 and have paid our bills current. CFII Brian Rohr delivered the plane to the buyer in Texas.
2. Tim reported that all airplanes are on the scheduler ready to be checked out and flown.
3. Mark Eads said our 9th student showed up for ground school which is, of course, going well. Discussion was held re having at least one instructor attend ground school sessions.
4. Mike Burns installed the new wind socks.
5. Rick’s construction project of the new Terry Koehn conference/briefing room is moving right along. Most of the wiring is done, but Rick said he still needs more wire. Bob said he’ll get it.
6. Mike Mango’s Stits Playboy is in his hangar, and it’s just beautiful!
7. Rick got the broaster and stove working the other day so we can now run everything without the circuit breaker cutting out.
8. Erika gave updates on the May 6 fly-in/drive-in brunch. Chris Lenz and Karo will make a flyer for the event and will ask Andy Orszula to publish it on our website.
9. Jerry Smithey said Darcy Koehn would like to release Terry’s ashes on his birthday, June 7, instead of April 28. More information will be forwarded at a later date.
10. Clean-up date: April 28, 2018 at 0900. Discussion was held re different jobs that need to be done before the May 6 brunch.
1. The Foundation is planning a fundraiser on August 19 ... Karo will jump out of an airplane (on her 73rd birthday) for donations to the Foundation. (Note: This was the Foundation’s idea, not Karo’s.)
2. Discussion re Larry Clore’s suggestion re an incentive if members bring in a new member. Randy moved with second from Rick that if an existing member brings in a new member, the existing member will receive $100 credit on his/her account. Vote taken; motion carried.
3. Tim asked for donations for gravel for parking areas. The amount needed is $425.
4. Mango checked with his insurance today and said we can get a no-fly policy on planes that are grounded.
Randy moved with second by Jerry that the meeting be adjourned. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:09 p.m.