The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:31 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Tim Scheer (via phone), Randy Stannard. Andy Orszula, Jim Beeghly, Chris Lenz, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Bob Dunn, Dean Beranek, Brett, Paige, and Flynn Lenz, Joe DeMaria, Larry Clore, Ramone and daughter/scholarship applicant Kaylah Hemphill, Chad, Renae (thanks for the delicious cake), and Carter Hoffmann, and Mark Eads
The minutes of the April 10, 2019 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Chris moved with second by Jim that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1 Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status. We have a reasonable balance even though we bought a new mower (12-foot deck, caged Ransome like used on golf courses).
2. All airplanes are up and flying except the Ercoupe which is going to Bloomfield tomorrow for annual.
3. Chris got a good deal and is ordering three Skybeacons (for both 172s and the Arrow) which will satisfy the ADS-B requirement. Good work, Chris!
4. Mark Eads said all ground school students are doing well. Chad is a ground school student and said he’s on lesson four right now and has flown once. Keep at it, Chad!
5. There will be a scholarship committee meeting immediately following tonight’s BOD meeting to visit with applicant Kaylah Hemphill.
6. Our booth at the Kites for Kids event in North Liberty Saturday wasn’t visited much but the “kiters” sure liked the balsa wood airplanes we passed out. Suggestions for next year: pass out flyers/handout brochures and have a banner at our booth to bring to visitors’ attention we’re there. Dean volunteered to create a handout for future events. Thanks, Dean!
7. We got rid of the broken pop machine in the office; Rick bought a new small one that works great, is very attractive, and doesn’t take up much room. We emptied the machine that had super old bags of chips, etc. in it. Karo will buy new junk food to replace the old, and Jim Beeghly will put a new light in it.
Pretty much everyone moved with second by again pretty much everyone that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:49 p.m.