MINUTES OF THE APRIL 24, 2019 BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Tim Scheer (via phone), Randy Stannard. Andy Orszula, Jim Beeghly, Chris Lenz, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Bob Dunn, Dean Beranek, Jerry Smithey, Patrick McCormick, Brett, Paige, and Flynn Lenz, Joe DeMaria, Ramone Hemphill (via phone), CFII Ryan Story, Shawn and Gayle Rhinehart, and Kent Johnson
GUESTS PRESENT: Stephen Pradarelli (20 hours of flight time); Paul Kaufmann (½ hour of flight time); and Jonathan Helmer (guest of Patrick McCormick)
The minutes of the April 17, 2019 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Randy moved with second by Chris that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1 Treasurer's Report: Randy reported our treasury is in pretty good shape and bills are current.
2. All airplanes are up and flying except the Ercoupe which is at Bloomfield for annual.
3. Chris got a good deal and is ordering three Skybeacons (for both 172s and the Arrow) which will satisfy the ADS-B requirement. Chris secured a $1,000 discount with free shipping. GOOD JOB, CHRIS!
4. Joe said all ground school students are doing well. Joe said each class will be extended 15 minutes in order to get all the material covered. Instead of recessing at 8:30, they’ll recess at 8:45.
5. Shawn Rhinehart said if anyone wants to join the EAA club that’s been established at Green Castle to contact him. He’d like to have an EAA event here on May 18 (EAA’s learn-to-fly day).
6. Our booth at the Kites for Kids event in North Liberty Saturday wasn’t visited much but the "kiters" sure liked the balsa wood airplanes we passed out. Suggestions for next year: pass out flyers/handout brochures and have a banner at our booth to bring to visitors’ attention we’re there. Dean volunteered to create a handout for future events. Thanks, Dean!
1. Nate and Erika Smith donated their dump truck to the Foundation. Thank you!
2. Chris reported the "Old Blue" plow truck has been sold.
3. Rick said the Foundation has awarded the scholarship to Kaylah Hemphill. Kaylah’s a junior at Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids where she is an A student, and wants to eventually sign up with the Marines.
4. With a sad heart, we report that, after battling several serious health issues for many months, honorary member Jeff Scheer passed away Tuesday evening. Jeff, Tim’s brother, was our "grill master" at our fundraiser and social events and always made sure everyone ate before he would fix his own plate.
Chris moved with second by Randy that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:51 p.m.