The meeting was called to order by Vice-President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Bob Dunn, Nate Smith, Jerry Smithey, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Jim Beeghly, Ed Brecht, Dave White, Mike Mango, Merlin Weissheier, James Jensen, Andy Orszula, Erika Smith, Kent Johnson, Dick Minette, and Mark Eads
Guest: Justin Cook of the Cedar Rapids EAA Chapter.
The Minutes of the Board of Directors meeting from April 11, 2018 (no meeting held April 18 due to inclement weather) were read by Karo. The minutes were sent to the BOD who approved them for publication by emailing to members.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status. We have money in the bank and we owe a lot of money.
2. Tim reported that all airplanes are on the scheduler ready to be checked out and flown except the Chief which is down for annual.
3. Mark Eads said our 10th student showed up for ground school which is, of course, going well.
4. Rick’s construction project of the new Terry Koehn conference/briefing room is moving right along.
5. Erika spoke about the survey responses as well as details of the upcoming fly-in/drive-in brunch.
6. Clean-up date: April 28, 2018 at 0900. Discussion was held re different jobs that need to be done before the May 6 brunch.
Guest Justin Cook spoke about the Iowa Flight Training at Cedar Rapids and the Eagles program presentation and flight for adults (like the Young Eagles program) on May 19 from 9:00 until noon. THE PROGRAM IS FREE!
Bob moved with second by Randy that the meeting be adjourned. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:57 p.m.