The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Chris Lenz, Randy Stannard. Andy Orszula, Jim Beeghly, Tim Scheer, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson (with daughter Rosemary Cantrell), Dean Beranek, Larry Clore, Alec Feller, Mark Pettinger, Shawn and Gayle Rhinehart, Gary Lust, John Bruesch, Kent Johnson, Brett, Paige, and Flynn Lenz, and Mark Eads
The minutes of the March 27, 2019 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Randy moved with second by Chris that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1 Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status. We’re in good shape, especially for this time of hear. All bills are current.
2. According to Tim and Rick, all airplanes are up and flying except the Ercoupe which needs an annual.
3. Chris checked on the price for two more Skybeacons which will satisfy the ADS-B requirement (for the 172s).
4. Mark Eads said all seven ground school students are doing well.
5. Scholarship. Discussion was held re our annual scholarship possibly going to military veterans and contacting stem teachers re the possibility of getting stem students interested. There will be a scholarship committee meeting immediately following tonight’s BOD meeting.
6. President Pro Tem of EAA Chapter 1630 here at Green Castle said the chapter is now official. Shawn said the initial start-up initial fee is relatively low. Anyone interested in joining Chapter 1630 should contact Shawn.
7. Tim said Dean’s been out here a lot working on our electrical system in the big hangar so the kitchen won’t have any more circuit breaks. Thanks much, Dean! APPLAUSE FROM ALL!
8. According to Rick the clean-up day was a success. Dean rolled the end of the runway and we got some more demolition done in the shop hangar that prepares us to make the repairs to the damage done by the garbage truck.
9. We’ll have a booth at Kites for Kids event in North Liberty Saturday, April 13, 2019 from noon-2:00.
Randy moved with second by Chris that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:00 p.m.
Comments are closed.