The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, Bob Dunn, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Jim Beeghly, Larry Clore, Mike Mango, Gary Lust, Merlin Weissheier, Mark Long (who is a private pilot from Fort Madison and joined tonight), and Mark Eads
GUEST: Private pilot Joel Hilgenberg, from Iowa City
The Minutes of the Board of Directors meeting from March 28, 2018 were read by Karo. Rick moved with second by Randy that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status. We’re still okay. Tim said we sold 66478, so we’ll be able to pay Don, Duke, and others. Good job, Tim.
2. Tim reported that all airplanes are up (even the Chief) and Mike Burns is working on the Ercoupe at this very moment.
3. Erika reported (via Karo) that she’s put our events on the DOT website as well as on Facebook. Erika is hoping more members respond to the SurveyMonkey survey so we’ll know what members like, dislike, expect, and/or suggest to make our club better.
4. Rick is doing a fantastic job on the new Terry Koehn conference/briefing room up at the office.
5. Member Alex Haggin has offered to wash airplanes. The Board decided Alex should receive an hour of flight time in one of the 172s for every eight hours he works. Come on out any time, Alex, and Tim or someone else will show you how it’s done. THANKS for stepping up.
6. Mango said Erika is heading up the fly-in/drive-in brunch on May 6 this year.
7. Mark Eads said the eight-student ground school this session is going real well.
Rick moved with second by Bob that the meeting be adjourned. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:57 p.m.