The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m. at the Club and via Zoom.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Jim Beeghly, Dean Beranek, Mike Mango, Chris Lenz, and Karo Stigler (via Zoom)
MEMBERS PRESENT: Tim Scheer, Brett Lenz, Richard Couch, Dick Anderson, Alec Feller, Steve Pradarelli, Larry Clore, and Adam Rairden
GUESTS PRESENT: Bob B. Dunn (member Bob Dunn’s son), Henry Olsen, and Jeanette Corley
The minutes of the March 31, 2021, Board of Directors meeting were read by Dean.
Chris moved with second by Randy that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy said we are current with our bills and have an additional 30 to 40 days to complete the buy-out of the Barry’s share. We are short at this time about $2,000 which he anticipates will generate rapidly with good flying weather.
2. Airplane report: Dean reported that Brian Rohr installed the new battery into 17U and replaced the burned out navigation lights. The stuck fuel primer on 4455 has been freed with replacement of O-rings and proper lubrication under the supervision of Tony. Brian also ferried the Ercoupe to Tony for Carburetor adjustment and a check on the upper limits of elevator travel. In return he brought back the Chief which is back on the schedule.
3. Fuel Report: no update with limited flying since last report.
4. Mike had committed last week that he and Dean would get the kitchen back together and that project should be accomplished this next week.
1. Bob Dunn was in attendance and reported that Bob Senior had been released from the hospital. He is in rehab care for physical therapy for a couple of weeks then back home and maybe a visit to one of our meetings. Chris reminded Bob Jr. to tell Bob Sr. that he had promised him a ride last fall but weather has not been cooperative.
2. Alec Feller reported that on April 30 he plans to bring a group of 10 to 15 high school students to the Club for a tour and a look into aviation. He indicated there may be candidates for Scholarship in the group. He was asked if he wanted others at the field that day and he indicated it should not be a problem.
3. Chris Lenz noted that he had encountered Gary Boseneiler the Veterans representative for Johnson County and they are interested in having some activities this year that may be good for flyover activities again. He would keep us informed.
4. Mike Mango brought up about having a cleanup day and Rick suggested it should be scheduled several weeks prior to the fly-in June 5.
Chris moved with second by Randy to adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Board of Directors Meeting adjourned at 7:50 p.m.