The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Tim Scheer, Andy Orszula, and Chris Lenz
MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, James Jensen, Brett, Paige, and Flynn Lenz, Mike Mango, Ryan Story, Joe DeMaria, Larry Fettkether, Shawn Rhinehart (took minutes), Richard Couch, Dave White, Jeff White, and Mark Eads
The minutes of the August 7, 2019 Board of Directors meeting were read by someone. Chris moved with second by Tim that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy says we have just enough money for the new fuel delivery, but we still owe some for the ADS-B units, and insurance, but we might be ok.
2. Airplanes: Rick said the mag on 17U has been swapped while ours is being rebuilt, there is an engine that may be available in Bloomfield that would need a lot of TLC, but is worth looking into as the engine in 17U is close to TBO. The Chief is still in Bloomfield while the prop is getting repaired. The Ercoupe starter is working just fine, it may have been grumpy when it didn’t want to start before.
3. ADS-B Still getting worked out, 17U will be first, then 36T, followed by 84455, all have slightly different installs, and having Duke or Tony check ‘em out to verify the install is in order.
1. Corn is available in bags in the hanger, thank you Bob!
2. We have a new lawn tractor and tow bar setup that can assist with moving out the Arrow and 172’s, see Rick for a review if you want to use it.
3. CFI profiles, please send your info to Andy along with a flattering picture (we don’t want to scare anyone away).
4. The shop is coming along great thanks to Rick! It is almost ready for insulation.
5. Family Air Adventure (not sure of the title of this event) is set for Sept 22nd, and at this event will be EAA Young Eagle Rides. Discussion was had regarding coordination of planes and people. We need pilots so if interested get in touch with Rick or Shawn. To be a Young Eagle pilot there are a few easy steps to meet the EAA’s requirements, an online training, and background check, see Shawn for details, it only takes 15 minutes, once you find the location on the EAA website and complete the Youth Protection Program.
b. We need a flyer for the event on Sept 22nd, Richard was volunteered.
6. Vets Kinnick Flyover and Children’s Hospital Wave the Wings event is Sept 14th, Chris is coordinating, see Chris if you want to join in. Last year was great, but was close to being weathered out. We get a table at the event in the Press Box too with the Vets.
7. A Poker Run on Sept 15th was discussed, and volunteers requested.
8. Yon Schoenmaker, an original Green Castle member reached out to take a ride in an airplane which we will definitely setup to do as a thank you for his many years of membership!
9. Help is needed to put the plow on the front of the big truck, scheduled for Wednesday Sept 21st.
10. Help is needed to "spruce up" the big hanger door. Looking for 4 volunteers, maybe after the next meeting.
11. Congrats to Mike Mango for selling his business! Now he can go on vacation to Colorado.
12. Joe DeMaria, Merlin Weissheier, and Gracie took a flying trip out west in Joe’s Cherokee. It was a great trip, they were stuck in Mitchell, SD for one day and slept in the terminal. "Don’t do it without an instrument rating." Is Joe’s advice to avoid sleeping in terminals. They found a Bed and Breakfast further west in Wessington Springs, and tent camped in Sturgis SD during the biker rally. Gracie was a big hit for all the bikers. Joe, Merlin, and Gracie flew past Mt Rushmore at 7700 ft MSL since the monument is at 5700 ft, and airplanes are required to be 2000 ft above it. It takes a while for the Cherokee to get that much altitude. On the way back they stopped in Ainsworth, NE to see if any of Joe’s mail had been sent there by mistake, and flew past the train engine "Big Boy" which was making a tour of the Midwest.
Someone moved with second by Andy that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:12 p.m.