The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:35 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Tim Scheer, Andy Orszula, Chris Lenz, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, James Jensen, Brett Lenz, Ryan Story, Shawn and Gayle Rhinehart, Jerry Smithey, Matt Golden, John Bruesch, new member Wyatt Helmsley (welcome, Wyatt), Dean Beranek, and Mark Eads
The minutes of the August 14, 2019 Board of Directors meeting were read by Shawn. Karo moved with second by Chris that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy reported we’re doing well; all bills are current.
2. Airplanes: Rick reported 17U’s mags are back on, the ELT battery on 4455 was changed; and we’re waiting for the Chief’s prop. Everything’s flying except the Chief.
3. Rick’s coming right along with the shop renovation; stop over and see it!
4. Chris is the coordinator for the Vets Kinnick Flyover and Children’s Hospital Wave the Wings event scheduled between first and second quarters of the football game on September 14. If you want to fly in the event, please contact Chris.
1. Ryan said Lizzie Peters soloed on Monday with just 14 hours. CONGRATULATIONS, Lizzie!
2. Karo asked that anyone who uses the Board room PLEASE clean up after using. Please wash the tables and chairs, kitchen counters, floors, and appliances, take out the trash, and wash the dishes either in the sink or dishwasher (and start it). Please do not leave dishes (even if they’re clean) out; put them where you found them (in the cupboards/drawers in their respective tightly-sealed containers). REMEMBER: you are using the Board room as a courtesy. THANK YOU!
3. Rick needs four pilots to fly on the 22nd of September for our Family Air Adventure and Young Eagles event. Karo also may be jumping that day (her jump was cancelled last year as the jump plane was out of time).
4. Shawn said the Silver Spitfire is scheduled to fly into Oskaloosa Monday or maybe a little later.
5. CFI Matt Golden would like to rent a taildragger with a stick; Rick will give a friend Matt’s number.
6. James Jensen said the Guttenburg fly-in is this Saturday. We’ve also been informed the Central Iowa fly-in is a three-day event this weekend. The Aero Shell team will be there and possibly the Thunderbirds. Ottumwa is having a fly-in this weekend, and Iowa City is having a pancake breakfast.
7. New Members: Wyatt Helmsley (student pilot) and Justin Roetlin (private pilot). Welcome guys!
Randy moved with second by Chris that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:09 p.m.