The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:35 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Andy Orszula, Chris Lenz (with little Flynn), and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, James Jensen, Shawn and Gayle Rhinehart, Mike Mango, Dean Beranek, and Mark Eads
The minutes of the August 21, 2019 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Randy moved with second by Chris that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy reported we’re doing well; all bills are current.
2. Airplanes: Rick reported the prop for the Chief will be done and shipped out Friday. Everything else is flying. A couple of squawks for aircraft are open on the computer but neither of those will keep the planes from flying. All others have been satisfied.
3. Chris installed the sky beacon on 17U last weekend, took it to Duke and Tony, and they signed off on it. The sky beacons are VERY expensive and, if broken, must be replaced, not repaired; therefore, please be very careful with them.
4. Chris is the coordinator for the Vets Kinnick Flyover and Children’s Hospital Wave the Wings event scheduled between first and second quarters of the football game on September 14. If you want to fly in the event, please contact Chris.
1. Shawn is still looking for pilots to fly Young Eagles during our 22 September Family Air Adventure.
2. Rick needs four pilots to fly on the 22nd of September for our Family Air Adventure and Young Eagles event. Karo also may be jumping that day (her jump was cancelled last year as the jump plane was out of time).
3. Shawn, Anna, Gayle, and Mae Rhinehart attended the Red Tail exhibit in West Branch at Hoover and they said it was great.
Karo moved with second by Chris that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:04 p.m.