The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Tim Scheer, Andy Orszula, Jim Beeghly, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Joe DeMaria, Rosemary Cantrell, Richard Couch, Merlin Weissheier, Alec Feller, Dave White, Gary Lust, Ryan Story, and Mark Eads
The minutes of the July 31, 2019 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Randy moved with second by Jim that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: According to Randy, we’re the same as we were before; fuel is coming so that will take a chunk out of our account; planes are flying!
2. Airplanes: Rick reported we have good news and bad news regarding the Chief. The bill will only be $450; however, the Chief will be down a minimum of two weeks. A mag went bad on the way to Waterloo but the pilot was able to bring it home. The mag’s at Bloomfield for repair.
3. Shawn said our EAA chapter 1630 is sponsoring a Young Eagles event September 15 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Joe DeMaria is the Young Eagles coordinator and received a hat signed by show pilot Sean D. Tucker and another show pilot. Any EAA member who wants to help at the event should attend training August 10 at 9:00 a.m.
4. Shawn brought and showed Terry’s challenge coin that flew on a DC-3 (covering the skies over Iowa City, Denver, Colorado, New Hartford, Connecticut, Northern Maine, Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Northern Scotland, France, Berlin, and back to the States.
5. Rick’s new project (renovation of the shop area) is really looking good. Thanks Mike Mango for donating a heating/air conditioning unit.
6. Thanks also goes to Dave White for volunteering to fix the end of the building where the garbage truck hit. Thanks Jim Beeghly, who installed a new light with photo cell on the tower and raised the flag. Everything’s looking great, guys!
7. Either Shawn or Jim said a Spitfire is coming to Oskaloosa; check it out at Silverspitfire.com for more information.
8. Andy hasn’t gotten started getting the CFI bios together yet.
1. Rick can use some help on these Wednesday night dinners. Volunteers? So far, Bob Dunn has volunteered. We need more as 90-year-old Bob can’t do it all by himself.
2. Gary Lust said the Ercoupe had to be hand-propped today. Rick will contact Mike and Tony regarding a starter cable.
Jim moved with second by Randy that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:04 p.m.
Comments are closed.