The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Bob Dunn, Andy Orszula, Randy Stannard, Jerry Smithey, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Richard Couch, Chris Lenz, Brett Lenz, Jim Beeghly, Patrick McCormick, Ramone Hemphill, Larry Clore, and Mark Eads.
The Minutes of the Board of Directors meeting from August 1, 2018 were read by Karo. Rick moved with second by Randy that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
OLD and NEW BUSINESS:
1. Randy reported on the status of our treasury. Money’s coming in so our balance is in good shape. We need to pay off our fuel bill in its entirety (over $6000), Don’s rent, and start paying off some personal loans a couple of members gave us.
2. Tim reported that all airplanes are available for reserving and flying. The Ercoupe and the 150 need to go to Monticello next week for certification. No bids on the 150 have been received so we’ll wait a bit then list it on Barnstormers again.
3. Rick Treiber (of the Foundation) said that Karo’s jump is August 19 between 2:00 and 2:30, but we encourage people to come out for lunch around 12:30 and stay for cake and ice cream (6 gal. donated by Erika the Kalona Creamery) afterwards. Karo will be jumping from 9500 feet with the first 30 seconds freefall. A videographer will be filming the whole thing ... all the way down ... and will even catch her barfing and peeing her pants (if it happens).
4. Tim said we don’t have any more "bids" on the 150; we are asking $18,000 but may have to drop it a bit.
5. Darcy Koehn stopped out today and brought some pictures and information about the Memorial Wall and ceremony at Oshkosh. We encourage all to get on our website (www.greencastleaeroclub.com) and click on information about the memorial and Terry’s Facebook page. It is truly heartwarming.
6. NEXT GROUND SCHOOL IS SEPTEMBER 10!
7. Scholarship: Discussion was held regarding covering at least 50% of instruction and if the scholarship recipient helps out at the airport and attends meetings, we could pay more towards the recipient’s license.
Bob moved with second by Randy that the meeting be adjourned. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:51 p.m.