MINUTES of the February 13, 2019 Board of Directors Meeting
The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m. Because the airport was pretty much snowed and iced in, Chris and Paige Lenz graciously allowed us to meet in their beautiful heated shop (where we also got to see the RV10 they (Chris, Paige, Brett, and Flynn) are building. We ate lots of pizza from Marco’s. THANK YOU CHRIS AND PAIGE! (Flynn was his usual charming self.)
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Chris Lenz, Randy Stannard, Tim Scheer, Andy Orszula, Jim Beeghly, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Brett, Paige and Flynn Lenz, Alec Feller, and Mike Mango
The Minutes of the January 16, 2019 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Randy moved with second by Jim that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status. Dues are still coming in; we have money to pay this quarter’s insurance and some bills.
2. Airplanes: All are here and ready to fly
3. Plowing: At Rick’s request, Karo sent an email to members asking for volunteers to be on the plowing crew. To date, Fernando Weber, Dean Beranek, and Gary Beckman have volunteered. As soon as we get the nod from Don and/or Rick that we can plow, it will be done.
1. The refrigerator in the big hangar died; however, the black fridge in the kitchen still works.
2. The pop machine in the office isn’t cooling very well. Rick moved with second by Chris that we unplug it and forget about it until spring. In the meantime, we’ll get a small fridge and for the office and stock it with pop.
3. Scholarship chair Dean Beranek sent a note to Rick stating he’s been contacted by one person’s who’s interested in the scholarship.
4. A garbage truck crashed into the shop hangar; their insurance will cover the damage.
5. Mike Mango said he and Tim sold their Luscomb; a man from California bought it.
6. Mike Mango said he knows of a potential new member who’s “a jumper” and is interested in getting current here at Green Castle. All agreed that would be really cool.
Randy moved with second by Chris that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:05 p.m.