MINUTES OF THE FEBRUARY 20, 2019 BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Chris Lenz, Randy Stannard, Tim Scheer, Andy Orszula, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett and Flynn Lenz, Alec Feller, Mike Mango, Dean Beranek, Shawn Rhinehart, Joe DeMaria, CFIIs Brian Rohr and Ryan Story, Jerry Smithey, and Mark Eads GUEST: Angela McConville of North Liberty. The Minutes of the February 13, 2019 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Randy moved with second by Chris that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried. OLD BUSINESS: 1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported we’re solvent, made the second installment on our insurance; all other bills are current; one charge card has been paid off, and the other one has a small balance remaining. We’ll get Don paid in full ... soon. 2. Airplanes: All are here and ready to check out and FLY! 3. Plowing: THANK YOU Dean Beranek, Shawn Rhinehart, Mitch Sortland, Don Nelson, and Rick Treiber for getting Green Castle’s surfaces cleared of snow and ice. The runway is ready to use! 4. Mark is gearing up for first ground school class of the year that starts March 25. 5. Member Andy Carpenter is putting together a bid on repairing the shop hangar that the
garbage truck crashed into.
1. Guest Angela McConville, representing the City of North Liberty, informed us of a Kites for Kids parent/child bonding event on April 13 at the Liberty High School from noon until 2:00. Angela invited us to set up a booth or table with information on Green Castle that we can hand out. All in attendance thought it would be a great way to promote our club. Angela’s organization will hand out paper kites and will have fruit for children and coffee and hot chocolate for adults.
2. Don asked for a volunteer (firefighter Brian Rohr) to climb the tower and remove the
tattered American flag. We’ll replace it in the spring; we’ll redirect the light at that time.
3. We will dedicate the beautiful rooms up at the office that Rick built in honor of CFII and airport manager Terry Koehn in April (date and time TBD). We’re thinking on have a little lunch at the dedication service.
4. Rick announced that Shawn Rhinehart is the “temporary president” of the EAA chapter
here at Green Castle that is being formed.
5. Mike Mango mentioned he got a letter from EAA that mentioned that since this is the 50th year at Oshkosh, they will resurrect a P-26 (Peashooter) and have invited other like aircraft back. They’re saving room on the flightline for the Stits Playboy.
Randy moved with second by Chris that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:03 p.m.
Comments are closed.