The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:27 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Chris Lenz, Randy Stannard, Tim Scheer, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn (glad to see you’re feeling better, Bob), Joe DeMaria, Brett Lenz, Dean Beranek, Bob Kline, William Carter, Jamie Kline, Mike Mango, Ryan Story, Sri Nandakumar, and Mark Eads
The minutes of the January 29, 2020 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Chris moved with second by Randy that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported we’re doing okay for January.
2. N84455 is at Bloomfield but should be back this Friday. We’re still waiting on the case for 17U and as soon as it is received, Tony will start getting the plane put back together so it can go back on line. Chris said the sky beacon for the Ercoupe should be in tomorrow.
3. The kites for kids day in North Liberty is April 18 from noon to 2:00. We’ll do a flyover and will hand out balsa wood airplanes.
4. Ryan, Randy, Joe, and Sri will check on the new sim and see what it needs to get it running.
5. The Quad Cities Challenger II (a great light sport trainer) has arrived and is hangared. The owner is asking $17,000-$18,000 if anyone would like to buy it.
6. Mike asked that a chef-of-the-week schedule be established so one or two people don’t get stuck with providing the meal on Wednesday evenings. Volunteers are: Rick Treiber. Mike Mango, Bob Kline, Dean Beranek, Andy Orszula, and [reserve] Jonathan Lartigue. Mike made out a schedule and Karo will email it to the volunteers. If anyone else in the Club would like to be an outstanding member who is willing to provide a meal (home-cooked, ordered pizza, spaghetti, subs, etc.), please let Mike know. If a scheduled member isn’t able to provide a meal on his night, it’s the member’s responsibility to find a substitute.
1. Rick proposed we do a membership drive this spring and would also like to have a member appreciation day. We have a lot of members who never fly but keep up on their dues to support the Club. Chris moved with second by Randy that we have a member appreciation day April 25 (rain date May 2). We’ll provide lunch and give them airplane rides.
2. Ryan said Iowa City raised their rates to $150 and instructors to $50.
3. Mike requested a seminar or class on the ADS-Bs. Ryan and Chris will put something together.
4. Discussion was held re Rick’s idea of purchasing a copy of Foreflight out here or if those who would use it already have personal copies. Ryan said he can do a seminar on Foreflight to give everyone an idea of all it’s capable of doing.
Chris moved with second by Jim that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:05 p.m.