The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Bob Dunn Randy Stannard, Jerry Smithey, Andy Orszula, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Jim Beeghly, Brett Lenz, Chris Lenz, Mike Mango, Merlin Weissheier, Patrick and Brendan McCormick, Jeff White, Larry Clore, Robert Broulik and Stephanie Mohr, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the Board of Directors meeting from June 27, 2018 were read by Karo. Rick moved with second by Randy that the minutes be approved as approved. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Randy reported on the status of our treasury. We’re current with all of our bills except for rent to Don. Don said if we pay the rent in full, he’ll provide an Iowa Chop dinner to all members in attendance. Don asked Karo to send an email next Monday alerting all members about his offer.
2. Tim reported that all airplanes are available for reserving and flying. Tim listed the 150 on Barnstormers and has had three nibbles so far.
3. Rick said the Foundation grossed $1110.00 from the July 4 activities, our expenses were low, and our planes got some time on them. Rick said musician Kevin Burt is interested in playing in a Green Castle concert if we can get a couple more musicians to perform. He also said he’s got a couple more ideas for fund raisers for the Foundation ... a scavenger hunt and a rally.
4. Jeff White, a returning member who now has a ton of ratings, including CFII, moved back to Iowa City and is employed by UI. Jeff got his private from Don before Green Castle Aero Club existed. Welcome, Jeff.
5. Bob Dunn said CAP members (including three potential students) will be here from 6-9 PM and would like someone to show them around the airport. Tim, Chris, and Mark will be here and will give them a tour.
1. Rick said we need to start promoting Karo’s August 19th jump.
2. Robert Broulik (winner of the poker run) donated his $160 winnings back to the Foundation. THANKS ROBERT!
3. Mango said if anyone eats in the kitchen, meeting room, etc. to please don’t leave garbage in any of the garbage cans as it attracts insects and mice. Please bag up the garbage and take it up to the dumpster in back of the office.
4. Tim thanked all who collected money and handed out cards at the different airports at the poker run. The poker run could not have happened without you!
5. Rick said September 29 will be a Casablanca-style dinner out here for $50 a plate with piano entertainment (Jerry). More to come.
Bob moved with second by Rick that the meeting be adjourned. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:57 p.m.