The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Bob Dunn, Randy Stannard, Jerry Smithey, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Merlin Weissheier, Mike Mango, Chris and Paige Lenz, Steve and Julie Jilovec, Jim Beeghly, Patrick McCormick, Andy and Logan Kuehl (new members), John and Rose Fisher, Scott, Trina, and Piper Pearson, Dave White, Gary Fattig, Loren Dundee, Jeff White, Eric Spurgeon, Gary Lust, and Mark Eads.
The Minutes of the Board of Directors meeting from July 11, 2018 were read by Karo. Jerry moved with second by Rick that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Randy reported on the status of our treasury.
2. Tim reported that all airplanes are available for reserving and flying. Also, Tim said he got one more nibble on the 150. The mower is giving us grief. It needs new bearings, idle pulley, battery, etc. The Google pics are now on the internet; we hope to put them on our website soon. Those who fly the Arrow or 172s and who use the intercom, please remember to turn the intercom OFF because we’re going through a bunch of batteries.
3. Bob thanked the Club for the nice way we treated the CAP people who came out to visit and tour our airport. Bob contributed $200 for fuel for the rides we gave CAP members.
4. Rick, the President of Green Castle Aero Club Foundation, Inc., said the Foundation is now paying $400 per month for rent of the office space the Foundation uses. Rick suggested bringing the flour drop and pumpkin splat back as annual fundraising events for the Foundation. Rick also mentioned the Foundation can have four flying events per year, and the Club can post one flying event per year, at which we can charge for flights. Rick got several responses from his request for pilots who have at least 500 hours logged to fly at these fundraising events. Those pilots with advanced ratings don’t need to have 500 hours. Rick explained the $20-to-win-$400 raffle for the Foundation. A jar and tickets are on the counter in the office.
5. Everyone thanked Don for the Iowa chop dinner tonight. He lived up to his word that if we brought the rent up to date, he’d treat all in attendance to dinner. All agreed the dinner Mike Mango prepared was delicious!
THERE WILL NOT BE A MEETING NEXT WEEK AS IT’S OSHKOSH WEEK! Karo will send an email out to the membership. Hope to see many at our next meeting, August 1.
Bob moved with second by Jerry that the meeting be adjourned. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:50 p.m.