The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Andy Orszula, Birthday Boy Randy Stannard, Dean Beranek, Jim Beeghly, Chris Lenz, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Tim Scheer, Joe DeMaria, Patrick McCormick, Bob Kline, Mike Mango, Brett Lenz, Paige and Flynn Lenz, CFII and MEI Grant Sanders, and Shawn Rhinehart
GUEST: Karo’s son, Jon Jones, who is a 28-year Air Force C130 pilot (retired) and now flies for a Delta subsidiary. Jon is also a veterinarian
The minutes of the July 22, 2020 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Randy moved with second by Chris that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy said “we’re sitting pretty solid”; got several advance payments, so the cash-flow is okay for now.
2. Airplanes: Rick said the 172s. the Arrow, and Chief are all flying. We haven’t received the $13,000 from the insurance company on the Ercoupe yet, so we haven’t been able to purchase the Ercoupe in Boone (but they’re received our $500 deposit, so it’s ours). As soon as we get the insurance pay-off, we’ll put that $13,000 with $7,000 an investor is making and we’ll go to Boone and pick up the new plane.
3. Several members took Tim up on the challenge to donate $100 for new mags on the Chief. Tim matched the donations, as he said he would. HOWEVER, we’re a little short for what it will take, so if anyone would still like to donate, please make your check payable to Green Castle Aero Club Foundation, Tim will match it, and we’ll get our new mags.
1. The door hinge on 4455 has a temporary fix (a nail) as the new piece hasn’t arrived yet.
2. REMINDER: PLEASE REMEMBER TO TURN ALL LIGHTS OFF WHEN LEAVING THE OFFICE, SHOP, OR HANGAR.
Randy moved with second by Chris that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:46 p.m.