The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Tim Scheer, Chris Lenz (with little Flynn), Andy Orszula (and daughter Yaya), Jim Beeghly, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Joe DeMaria, Mike Mango, Ramone Hemphill, Shawn Rhinehart (with daughter Gayle), Brett Lenz, and Mark Eads
GUEST PRESENT: Dan Levsen
The minutes of the July 17, 2019 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Randy moved with second by Chris that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: According to Randy, we have enough money to pay our bills current; we don’t know how much it will cost yet to get the Chief fixed after it swerved to miss a deer on the runway.
2. Airplanes: Rick said everything’s flying except the Chief.
3. Shawn said our EAA chapter 1630 is sponsoring a Young Eagles event September 15 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Any EAA member who wants to help at the event should attend training August 10 at 9:00 a.m.
1. Next ground school: Mondays, September 2 through November 18, 2019 from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
2. President Rick Treiber: “Everybody is invited to help launch a new tradition at the club. After the first Board of Directors meeting each month we will be showing an aviation-related movie. Next Wednesday, August 7th, please join us for the “TOP GUN” movie. Feel free to bring your favorite beverage. If we can get the popcorn machine tuned up by then, there will be free popcorn available for everyone. Hope you can join us!!”
Randy moved with second by Andy that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:08 pm.