The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Bob Dunn Randy Stannard, Jerry Smithey, Nate Smith, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Mike Mango, Brett Lenz, Andy Orszula, Larry Clore, Dean Beranek, Jim Beeghly, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the Board of Directors meeting from June 20, 2018 were read by Karo. Rick moved with second by Jerry that the minutes be approved as approved. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Randy reported on the status of our treasury. Most of our bills are current. Randy and Karo are preparing invoices for dues that will be mailed July 1st.
2. Tim reported that all airplanes are available for reserving and flying.
3. Discussion was held re selling the 150 and for how much. Karo moved with second by Randy that we advertise the 150 for not less than $18,000. Vote taken; Motion carried. Tim will advertise it on Barnstormers.
4. The 150 has flown only six hours in six months.
5. Nate’s present tonight and informs us he’s been instructing at Spartan College of Aeronautics in Oklahoma. [Note: After the regular BOD meeting, a quorum of Board members decided that since Nate will be in Oklahoma for at least the remainder of the present calendar year, we should appoint a substitute Board member to take his place. The quorum of Board members decided Andy Orszula will substitute for Nate. Upon Nate’s return to Iowa, he’ll resume his place on the Board.]
1. Rick’s update on the 4th of July poker run: Rick needs one person at the Washington Airport to distribute cards when pilots land. New member Gary Beckman stepped up and said he’ll cover it. Thanks, Gary. The poker run starts at 10:00 and ends at Green Castle by 4:00.
2. Brian Rohr flew 17U to the Marion fly-in and flew it for 7 hours giving rides.
Bob moved with second by Jerry that the meeting be adjourned. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:10 p.m.