The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Tim Scheer, Jim Beeghly, Andy Orzula, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Joe DeMaria, Dean Beranek, Bob Kline, Bob Dunn, Shawn Rhinehart, Mike Mango, Larry Clore, and Sri Nandukamar
GUESTS: Emily Silich, prospective member Elizabeth Janey, Michelle Fritz, and scholarship applicant Emma Fritz
The minutes of the May 27, 2020 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Randy moved with second by Jim that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported we’re okay, but money is real, real tight as the labor for 17U’s overhaul is $5,000 (overhaul will probably be between $22,000 and $25,000 when it’s all said and done).
2. Airplanes: Rick said the Arrow is at Indian Hills for training purposes; Ercoupe’s at Bloomfield and should be back in a week or so; 4455's intercom issue has been fixed (Gary Lust and Rick fixed a loose wire); 17U’s transponder is shot so we’re getting a yellow tag replacement.
3. Bob Dunn’s 91st birthday celebration was a huge success. Chris Lenz flew Bob for almost an hour and Bob said he sure enjoyed it. Several Green Castle members as well as members of Bob’s family were in attendance.
4. Ground School: According to Joe, the two active students are doing well. There’s one more week of contact.
5. It was noted that the flags that Dean and Rick put up for Memorial Day were appreciated by many Club members as well as the public. We received several positive comments.
1 Rick said international student Toby Chen stopped out and wants to learn to fly. CFII Jeff White has worked with international students before and has been contacted.
2. Shawn Rhinehart brought Don Nelson commemorative coins to show and is asking for a $20 donation. All proceeds go to the scholarship fund.
3. Prospective instructor Grant Sanders may come to the meeting next week.
4. Tim Scheer announced that due to health reasons, he must resign from the Board and would like for Dean to take his place. With regret, Jim moved with second by Karo to accept Tim’s resignation and to nominate Dean Beranek to take his place. Vote taken; Motion carried. THANK YOU, TIM, FOR ALL THE TIME AND DEDICATION YOU’VE PUT INTO THE CLUB AND THE AIRPORT.
Randy moved with second by Andy that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:50 p.m.