The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Tim Scheer, Chris Lenz with Paige and
Flynn, and Jim Beeghly
MEMBERS PRESENT: Joe DeMaria, Brett Lenz, Dean Beranek, Patrick McCormick, Larry Clore,
Jeff White, Bob Kline, Mark Pettinger, new member as of tonight Wes Sommerfeldt (welcome Wes),
and Mark Eads
GUESTS PRESENT: Cordell Braverman and Jonathan Hilmer
The minutes of the Board of Directors meeting from February 26 and March 4 were read by Jim.
Randy moved with second by Jim that the Minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: All bills are current and we are still okay; awaiting the bills for the
overhaul on 7717U.
2. Aircraft: The Chief and Ercoupe are both back on insurance, so let's go flying. The Arrow
still needs the transponder checked, but it was IFR today so it is deferred until next week.
1. Rick sent out a memo regarding our insurance requirements on the Arrow. Everyone who
flies it, please read the email and comply.
2. Discussion was held re currency requirements to fly the Chief. Jim moved with second by
Tim that any club member flying the Chief must have three take-offs-and-landings to a full
stop within the prior 90 days or must have a check ride and sign-off with an instructor. This
is to meet insurance requirements. Vote taken; Motion carried.
3. Tim brought up an idea of selling his Taylorcraft (which needs new covering) to the Club.
This would bring a second taildragger to our fleet. Anyone with thoughts please share.
4. Mark reported we have another new ground school student.
Jim moved with second by Randy that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned
at 6:57 p.m.
Page 1 of