The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Randy Stannard, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Andy Orszula, Merlin Weissheier and Gracie, Mike Mango, Larry Fettkether, Patrick, Susan, and Brendan McCormick, Joe DeMaria, Tomasz Korwel, Larry Clore, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the March 7, 2018 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Bob moved with second by Randy that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status.
2. Tim reported on the status of our airplanes. Tim will install a new O-ring in the new 172. We had someone interested in the 150, but changed his mind, so we’ll put it back on Barnstormers. The Ercoupe was down for a bit with a blown oil line (Merlin and Gracie were flying when it happened); everything’s okay now.
3. REMINDER: The next session of ground school starts 26 March 2018.
4. Karo ordered a couple of windsocks from Iowa DOT-Aviation
5. Rick is still working on the new bathroom/meeting room in the office building. It’s going to be really nice!
1. New Member: taildragger pilot Dustin Ashmore. Welcome, and happy birthday from your fiancée, Tracy Novak.
2. Jim Beeghly donated money to the Foundation for a new water heater that Calvin installed it in the kitchen. Thanks a bunch Jim, the Foundation, and Calvin.
3. Tomasz said he’ll work with Andy on updating our website.
4. High winds ripped siding off of one of our buildings; Don’s having it fixed.
Randy moved with second by Bob that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:44 p.m.