The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:34 p.m. via Zoom.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Dean Beranek, Mike Mango, Jim Beeghly, Chris Lenz, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Tim Scheer, Richard Couch, Brett Lenz, and Stephen Pradarelli
The minutes of the March 10, Board of Directors meeting were read b Karo. Randy moved with second by Dean that the Minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported we're doing okay. Bob and Kathy's investment is still available so call Rick or Randy if you're interested in buying out their investment. (FYI: The Foundation is finally solid.)
2. Airplanes: The Chief's in Bloomfield and when it gets back, the Ercoupe will go down to find out why it "coughs" occasionally.
3. Brian said the helicopters will be performing sorties this week but it shouldn't disrupt any flying by our planes or pilots.
4. Discussion was held re the classic/antique/experimental fly-in and drive-in event we'd like to hold June 5, 2021 (rain date June 12, 2021). The goal is for the public to have fun and learn about the classics and for the pilots to exhibit their planes. More information later.
1. Discussion was held re Tim updating his hangar for his 29 Fleet which should be arriving soon. Since he'll be spending at least $5,000 to update it (concrete, sealing to keep weather and birds out, fixing leaks, etc.) and Green Castle is the major beneficiary in Tim's will, Mike suggested the fee charged for hangar rent be waived. Jim moved with second by Karo that rent be suspended for ten (10) years on Tim's hangar. Vote taken; Motion carried.
2. Dean discussed what the FAA is considering to do with the light sport rating and also discussed our scholarship program.
Karo moved with second by Chris that we adjourn. Vote taken; motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:27 p.m.
Comments are closed.