The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:35 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Chris Lenz, Randy Stannard, Jim Beeghly, and Andy Orszula
MEMBERS PRESENT: Richard Couch, Jerry Smithey, Ryan Story, Brett, Paige, and Flynn Lenz, Mike Mango, Dean Beranek, Joe DeMaria, Larry Clore, and Mark Eads
GUESTS: John Bruesch and Rob and Sara Ghabel. Rob is a helicopter pilot in the Waterloo National Guard medevac unit flying Blackhawk helicopters and is looking for possible fixed wing time. John is also a pilot looking for tailwheel time. Both joined the club tonight. Welcome John and Rob!
The Minutes of the March 13, 2019 Board of Directors meeting were read by Chris. Randy moved with second by Andy that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status. We are in pretty good shape. All bills are current and we have a fair balance for this time of year.
2. Airplanes: All are here and ready to check out and FLY!
3. The insurance adjuster offered nearly $5,800 for the building repair and we accepted. Rick is asking for a few people to begin tearing out the damage and get ready to rebuild.
4. We are still planning to participate in the Kites for Kids event in North Liberty on April 13.
5. Please don’t forget to attend the April 7 memorial event for Terry Koehn and Bill Kimble. A clean-up day is planned for March 30. Anyone available is encouraged to show up and help.
1. Dean discussed the possibility of accessing EAA scholarship funds for promoting new pilots.
Randy moved with second by Chris that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:05 p.m.