The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Bob Dunn, Jerry Smithey, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Dave White, Andy Orszula, Merlin Weissheier and Gracie, Mike Mango, Brett Lenz, Erika Smith, Jim Beeghly, Kent Johnson, Larry Clore, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the March14, 2018 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Bob moved with second by Jerry that the minutes be approved as corrected. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Tim reported on our financial status. We’re coming along.
2. Tim reported on the status of our airplanes. Tim has the new 172 up and running; the Chief’s getting worked on; Tim put on a new oil pressure line and fixed the gas leak in the Ercoupe.
3. REMINDER: The next session of ground school starts Monday, 26 March 2018.
4. Rick is still working on the new bathroom/meeting room in the office building. It’s going to be really nice!
5. 478 has been put back on Barnstormers.
1. Tim said Jack Shepherd has been a member for ten years but has never been up in one of our planes. Next time Jack comes out, we need to give this loyal member a ride.
2. Mango hung some pictures up in the mechanic’s office/shop building. Check ‘em out.
3. THANK YOU ANDY for all the work you did in creating our new website (which is accessed the same way as the old one [greencastleaeroclub.com]. It was a very smooth transition; no hiccups at all.
4. Chris said Darcy Koehn plans on releasing Terry’s ashes on April 7 (weather permitting) at 10:00 a.m. Darcy would like to invite anyone who would like to participate in the event to come on out to Green Castle. Chris Lenz will take family members up pretty high and will circle over a couple of landmarks before returning and releasing Terry’s ashes over the airport.
5. Erika submitted a couple of planned events to the DOT calendar: May 6 is the drive-in/fly-in brunch 9:00-1:00 and Family Air Adventure is September 9 at 10:00. Thanks Erika.
6. CFII Nate Smith got his MEI this week. CONGRATULATIONS NATE!
Bob moved with second by Rick that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:58 p.m.