The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m. via teleconference.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Andy Orszula, Tim Scheer, Chris Lenz
Jim Beeghly, and Karo Stigler
The minutes of the Board of Directors meeting from March 11, 2020 were read by all independently.
No meeting was held March 18, 2020 due to self-isolating (COVID-19). Randy moved with second
by Chris that the Minutes be approved as printed. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported income is slowing down and bills are ramping up.
2. Aircraft: The transponder on the Arrow has been recertified (good for 24 months). The major
overhaul on 17U is not quite done and we won’t have to take out a loan to pay for it. Nothing
new on 4455, Ercoupe, or the Chief.
3. Re Indian Hills using the Arrow for instruction, nothing’s going to happen until at least the 13th
4. Rick thinks we should set aside a weekend to have our CFIs out at the airport so people can
go up with them to get current.
5. Rick is proposing we do an online ground school rather than in-person on Monday nights.
Students can do it on their own schedule; consistent information; reviewable and can keep
up to date; less cost to club as we’re paying our ground school instructor credit on account;
subjects will be on line so students can pull up subject to review at their leisure; etc. Rick’s
talked to Mark, Joe, Dean, and others about it and they’re all on board.
6. Member appreciation day is postponed until further notice.
7. Rick said CFII Ryan Story is moving to Oregon as he’s taken an aeronautical engineering job
with Vans Aircraft. Between now and the time he leaves, he’ll try and work up a plan to get
our 172 sim done.
1. Bob Dunn will be, upon his passing, assigning the remainder of his loan (that he made to the
Club a few years ago) to the Foundation.
2. If you go to Michael W. Mango on Facebook, you can see Tim’s 392 Chrysler hemi complete
with blower and wide open headers firing up.
Randy moved with second by Jim that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned
at 7:07 p.m.