The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:33 p.m. via Zoom.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Dean Beranek, Mike Mango, Jim Beeghly, Chris Lenz, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Tim Scheer, Steve Pradarelli, Chief Flight Instructor Brian Rohr, John Butler, and Josh Tinkham
GUEST PRESENT: Richard Van Rheeden (representing Johnson Count Historical Association) and Nick Drahozal (prospective new member)
The minutes of the February 17 and 24, 2021 Board of Directors meeting were read b Karo. Randy moved with second by Dean that both be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported we will be owing a lot due to annuals so we'll need some cash to come in as we're short right now. We haven't been flying due to poor weather. The Foundation paid the last three months' rent.
2. Airplanes: Dean said we'll need to give everything on the Ercoupe a good check over and then it will be back on the schedule. 4455 is at Bloomfield for its annual but should be done some time this week or Monday at the latest. The Arrow and 17U are up and flying.
3. Dean's still working away at clearing big snow drifts; he's put in many, many hours trying to keep things clear this winter. We're okay now to open the airport for both high and low wing aircraft.
4. Brian said the helicopter practice activity with Tom Shell will be next week; he'll give us dates and a time frame later. Basically, all they really need is to use our airport as someplace to land and take off.
1. Jim introduced Richard Van Rheeden of the Johnson County Historical Association who spoke about awards they give each year and Green Castle is on their radar.
2. Dean said the scholarship committee comprised by Dean, Mike, Randy, Chris, and Karo needs to have a meeting soon.
3. Rick will put together a fundraising email to all members for the scholarship fund.
4. Discussion was held re a video security system at the airport. Tabled.
5. Discussion was held re holding one meeting a month at the airport, commencing April 7, 2021. Randy moved with second by Dean that the first in-person meeting at the airport will be April 7, 2021. Vote taken; Motion carried.
6. Rick wants to have a meeting with the Board and CFIs.
7. Randy said Dr. Robert and Kathy Barry have a financial investment in the Club that they'd like to cash out. It's about $5400 so if anyone wants to invest with a 4% return and a 20% discount on rental fees, let Randy know.
8. John Butler said he's interested i selling a share of his Cessna 182. Contact John or Rick to discuss details.
Randy moved with second by Dean that we adjourn. Vote taken; motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:32 p.m.
Comments are closed.