The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:36 p.m. via Zoom.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Dean Beranek, Mike Mango, Jim Beeghly, Chris (and Flynn) Lenz, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Gary and Sharon Lust, Richard (and Margaret) Couch, Brett Lenz, Meindert Niemeijer, Joe DeMaria, Shawn Rhinehart, and Mark Pettinger
GUEST: Mark Butland
The minutes of the March 24, 2021, Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Chris moved with second by Jim that the Minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported our bills are current; nothing big is coming up except to pay off the Barrys Were doing okay.
2. Airplanes: Dean reported the Ercoupe and Chief haven't been swapped out of Bloomfield yet as the winds have been too strong. 17U's battery died and is on the charger at Brian's house. Dean got new bulbs and installed the on 17U. The push button on the radio needs to be manually pulled back to reset but at some point will have to be actually fixed. Dean also reported we have 332 gallons of auto fuel and 723 gallons of 100LL.
3. Fly-In: Mike gave an overview of the June 5 fly-in and wants about 30 minutes of next week's in-person Board meeting devoted to discuss it. Rick will check with AVEMCO re liability issues.
1. Tim's hangar was concreted yesterday; he'll be weatherproofing and painting the hangar soon.
2. Tim had rock delivered and spread out in the parking lot. He and others donated the funds necessary to purchase the rock.
3. Dean and Mike will finish up the kitchen. Mike hauled a bunch of junk from the old hangar to the landfill.
4. Meindert is still working on the sim and said it will be done eventually.
5. Joe DeMaria would like ground school to start Monday, June 14. Discussion was held re holding in-person ground school or to continue with on-line learning.
6. Richard Couch asked who tailwheel instructors are: CFIIs Brian Rohr and possibly Jeff White and Dick Anderson.
7. Shawn said he met former scholarship recipient Gary Smith, who is now flying helicopters for Life Flight in Des Moines. Shawn also said he still has Don Nelson and Terry Koehn challenge coins for sale.
Karo moved with second by Dean that we adjourn. Vote taken; motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:10 p.m.