The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, Bob Dunn, Nate Smith, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Jim Beeghly, Andy Orszula, Merlin Weissheier, Erika, Frank, and Wyatt Smith, Larry Clore, Mike Mango, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the Board of Directors meeting from April 25, 2018 (no meeting held April 18 due to inclement weather) were read by Karo. The minutes were sent to the BOD who approved them for publication by emailing to members.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status. We have money in the bank and we owe a lot of money.
2. Tim reported that all airplanes are on the scheduler just waiting to be checked out and flown.
3. Ground school has 11 students now and is going well.
4. Rick’s construction project of the new Terry Koehn conference/briefing room is moving right along.
5. Gary Lust asked if the wheel pants could be removed from the 172s. Rick moved with second by Karo that the wheel pants be removed. Vote taken; Motion carried.
6. Tim will look for a four-place intercom for the new 172.
7. Erika gave an update on the festivities for the May 6 brunch and passed out Chris and Karo’s flyers that she printed. Members were encouraged to distribute as many as possible so we can have a good turnout at the brunch. Erika also printed more tri-fold club brochures that she created. Mango said we need "caution" tape to put around certain areas of the airport before the brunch.
1. Mango said we got $201 on the scrap metal that was gathered on clean-up day.
2. Nate will haul a couple of tons of rock that we’re getting so all we have to do is pay for the rock, not the delivery. Thanks Nate!
3. Fixed and rotary CFII, DPE, etc. Jan Walton came down from Marion to check us out. We’re hoping she’ll join as she’d be a very valuable member (not to mention, she’s a nice person).
Bob moved with second by Rick that the meeting be adjourned. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:06 p.m.